Thank you for your interest in Dance/NYC and the Senior Manager of Development position. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Want to unite your passion for arts and service with your fundraising management expertise? Come work at the growing nonprofit that provides leading services to the dance workforce in the metropolitan NYC area. Dance/NYC offers a collaborative environment driven by core values of justice, equity and inclusion, and also provides room for innovation and growth.
Learn more about Dance/NYC’s mission and organizational values.
Dance/NYC seeks a key full-time Senior Manager of Development to strategically manage and sustain the execution of its development initiatives and priorities. Dance/NYC intends to fill the position as soon as possible, or by December 14, 2020.
Review the complete job description and list of qualifications.
The compensation package includes a salary of $65K-$70K based on experience and competitive benefits.
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Paid vacation and paid compensatory time for after office hour events
- Professional development stipend
The Dance/NYC office is completely remote until further notice due to the Coronavirus (or “COVID-19”) Pandemic.
Dance/NYC’s offices are located on the Garden Floor (ground floor) of the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 218 East 18th Street, New York, NY 10003 in Gramercy. Access to the Garden Floor entrance includes a two-step descent. A lift to the entrance will be available in the coming months. An accessible bathroom is available onsite, and elevators are not available in the building.
Gramercy is a quiet family neighborhood with brownstones on tree-lined streets. It has a variety of historic restaurants, shops, and neighborhood parks. This neighborhood is also minutes away from Union Square Park.
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to those candidates who apply on or before November 13, 2020. Preference will also be given to those candidates able to commit to two years.
We respectfully request that you only apply through the submittable platform. Please do not submit materials directly to staff through organizational or personal emails.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.The cover letter should include detailed answers to each of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working as the Senior Manager of Development?
- The Senior Manager of Development will be called upon to work on a range of projects that require the ability to relate to different audiences, manage stakeholder relationships, and problem-solve in different contexts. For example, in a given day, you might need to: plan or execute an annual cultivation and fundraising event, conduct substantive prospect research and manage donor and grant records, or participate in the development of short-term and long-term fundraising strategies. What relevant skills and experiences would you bring to this work?
- How would you characterize your understanding of the NYC dance ecosystem and developing strategies for the purposes of achieving sustainable systemic change across the field?
- Dance/NYC is a values-driven organization, please review our values of Justice, Equity, and Inclusion (found at: https://www.dance.nyc/equity/values) and discuss two instances in your professional career where you have demonstrated at least one of them?
- What is important to you in a workplace?
Please note that all candidate interviews will be conducted by video using the Zoom (https://zoom.us/) video communications application. Please download the application in advance and have a functioning camera and speaker on your device. Dance/NYC can also provide candidates with reasonable accommodations, if needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dance/NYC is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran. The policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. It is the policy of Dance/NYC to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Dance/NYC does not discriminate against any qualified Employees or job applicants with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. Dance/NYC makes reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all Employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not require significant difficulty or expense.